Part of being a Real Estate Agent is getting to brag about my town. Even though it might not feel like fall outside, the season has officially begun! I thought I’d share a few of my favorite fall stops in and around Rochester.
- Powers Farm Market. This place is great for everyone but is a must for the kiddos! They offer a family-friendly hayride that has become a tradition in our house. Their teepees win world records!! And their sea of orange pumpkins will just get you into the fall spirit in no time!!
- Schutt’s Apple Mill in Webster. Two words: Donuts. Cider. The Schutt family opened their business in 1918! There’s a reason they have been around so long! Check out their Mill and take a tour. Learn more about their fried cakes and their delicious cider. If you could bottle a taste of autumn, for me, it would be Schutt’s Apple Mill!
- Erie Canal – Confession: I am kind of obsessed with the canal. If you need a beautiful place to walk and look at the fall foliage I highly recommend seeking out your local canal trail. There’s something about the water and the reflection of those magnificent colors that will really make you love living here!
- Stokoe Farms – Ok, they made a corn maze to honor Susan B. Anthony this year! That alone should make you want to visit…but there’s so much more there and your family will love the beautiful surroundings!
- Local Coffee Shops! Pumpkin Lattes, Pumpkin Coffee, Pumpkin Chai Tea! Some of my favorite local spots are Fingerlakes Coffee Roasters in Pittsford, Starry Nites Cafe on University Ave. and Leaf and Bean in Chili. What’s your favorite place for a fall coffee beverage?!
- High School Sports – I love watching sports. My son plays high school soccer and it’s always so exciting to catch a game. There is something extra special about watching those sports on a cool, crisp, Fall day with a coffee in hand!! Hey, I know that guy below! 😉
- Rochester Public Market. It’s great in the summer and it’s still great in the fall! You can find awesome deals on pumpkins, mums and fresh veggies for your fall soups and stews!
- Wineries and Craft Breweries. There is no shortage of either venue!! Gather some friends and plan an outing! The picture below features Dr. Konstantin Frank’s vineyard overlooking Keuka Lake. You can’t beat this backdrop.
- Letchworth State Park According to their website they were voted Best In The Nation in 2015! It’s about a half-hour drive from downtown Rochester and is worth the trek!
- Fall Festivals! If you are on my mailing list you probably received a large flyer listing some of the amazing festivals in our area. (PS If you’d like to be included on my mailing list, email me here!) The Hilton Apple Fest is this weekend (9/30-10/1)!
Happy fall y’all!